DIY Christmas Wreath

Christmas and DIY's are two of my favourite things, so when my mum said she was on the look out for a new wreath - I was like "um YES I will make one" - I also needed something to do for this post, as I am joining 12 other Kiwi Mummy Bloggers in a "12 days of Christmas Blog Collaboration". 

So here is what you will need to make this super cool and completely customisable Christmas (or any occasion really) Wreath.Oh and did I mention its really easy?
  • Fabric of your choice (I chose a tartan fabric as I wanted the fray from it and also the 4 colours)
  • Polystyrene Wreath - size dependent on you (you can use a pool noodle too)
  • Scissors
  • Baubles or Bells
  • Something to make a bow and loop with (I initially was going to use burlap, and then changed my mind to ribbon at the last minute)
Not shown
  • Red Ribbon
  • Silver Bells

Firstly measure how much fabric you need (I measured mine to be the same as a standard school ruler - length and width, and then trimmed the length to suit my preference).
Next tie the fabric around the wreath and end with a knot. Keep doing this until the whole wreath is covered in fabric. (The amount of fabric you use will depend on the thickness and length your pieces are). My fabric was quite wide and only needed half a metre.




Once the Wreath is completed, cut the ends down to suit you - I didn't want mine to be too long and "flappy", so I trimmed them (but kept some longer than others)
Finally - make a bow out of the ribbon, and attach a ribbon loop to the wreath, along with the bow and bells, or baubles. The good thing about this wreath is that you can reuse the wreath over and over,because you are not sticking anything to it.
  

I have joined up with 12 other Kiwi Mummy Bloggers for twelve days of Christmas. Each blogger will share a Christmas themed post e.g. Craft, DIY, Inspiration, Recipe or Family tradition.

First up was: Nicole from Happiest When Wandering, who shared how they will be spending their Christmas (and its not your regular crackers and ham kind of day either)

Yesterday was Maria from Happy Mum Happy Child, she shared her tips on getting ready for Christmas.

Tomorrow Jodine from Misses Mac will be sharing her Christmas/Christmas Eve Traditions. 




LETS BE FRIENDS

No comments