KMART HACKS

Girlonamissi0n - KMART HACK
KMART seems to be the new home-wares go to at the moment in New Zealand and Australia. I am member of at least 10 different groups on Facebook, and about the same on Instagram. These range from appreciation groups, to Kmart Hack groups, you name it, I am in the group. It’s just so affordable, and it’s a one stop shop, whether it be clothes (they have fab kids clothes – let’s face it, they wear them for such a short amount of time) stationery, shoes, books, toys, and my most favourite at the moment home-wares.

Below are some hacks I have found and love, so far I have only managed to do 2 of them, but plan on getting around to doing some of the others soon.

This has to be one of the most popular KMART hacks I have seen, there is always someone in my Instagram feed, posting either a picture one of these holders, or a hack. I managed to hack this one – it’s still a work in progress – as I think I need to paint the candle holders to match more with the bedroom, but they will do for now.
Girlonamissi0n - KMART HACK
GEO CANDLE HOLDERS


Above @Kar.en.cooper painted her Geo Candle black. 
The contrast between the black and the candle works really well.


Again this seems to be quite popular, and we needed new bedside tables. I think the baskets were $12 each, and I got the wooden tops for free, so not bad for $24, again I plan on painting the tops maybe white, so they blend in better with the room.
Other hacks I have seen have cheese boards as the tops – I thought those tops were a little small, so went with something a bit bigger.

Girlonamissi0n - KMART HACK
KIDS LAUNDRY BASKET
These next hacks are not my own, so I can’t take credit for them – they are great though, and I really want to try some of them.
Above @f.o.r.e.v.e.r.a.i.d.e.n hacked the outdoor yellow
 lantern into this funky fruit bowl - LOVE!!!!
Above @Winniebeau_ did a simple frame change out on the her 
"a day without laughter" print, and I think I like it better than the original.·     ·    
Above @mylittleplaceofhome painted her grass mat pink and white, 
and from memory styled it in her little ones bedroom, 
I think the hack looks better than the original.
Above @tubsforbubs painted the tic tac toe's complimenting colours.
Above. Love this hack by @sheshome, I really want to do this for my little ones bedroom, 
its absolutely fab, and really easy to do.
Above @cathscott2plus3plus1 painted the Geo trinket box rose gold, and again, 
I think the hack is better than the original
 - will definitely be getting one of these when I next go to KMART
Above @kris_in_a_tin did a fab job painting this wooden kids wall hanger, 
sadly they don't seem to be making them anymore - so I missed out on this one.
Above @creativebowerbird created these hanging jar vases.
Super cute idea and really inexpensive
Above @creativebowerbird hacked this desk lamp for her 
daughters room with polka dots and changing the colour of the base.
    

My latest buy is this adorable clock – not sure what I am going to do with it yet, but I think it needs to be hacked in some way.


What is your most favourite KMART hack at the moment?



Click here to see which link up parties this post has  joined.

***I have linked back to the creators of these hacks under each picture and take no credit for any of their work ***

#KMART, +Kmart 

2 comments

  1. Gotta love a good KMart Hack! Thanks for linking up with us at Friday Favourites Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the basket table and the painted geo shaped holder! What great ideas from inexpensive items!

    ReplyDelete